29 December 2009

formspring.me

Has your daughter ever asked you a really awkward question? Awkward in any instance.

oh lord, several. it's part of the whole parenting thing to figure out how to handle those when they happen, with any kind of grace or finesse and not stumbling all over oneself.

Sometimes she does get the "That is not an appropriate thing to be talking about" answer, but most of them I do my damndest to answer honestly and without embarrassing her or making things seem taboo or "dirty". We've tried to be completely open with her, as I've said before, so by and large the awkward moments are few and far between.

She's sprung a few on her Aunties that I end up hearing about later that make me facepalm, but they've been honest with her when it happens as well and she knows she can go to them if it's something she'd rather talk to a female about.

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home