20 December 2009

formspring.me

I definitely think that corporate America and many of the viewing demographics of American Idol weren't ready for what they saw, so perhaps that was a little bit of a poor choice (mostly timing, since no one's seen him on TV really since AI's end) -- but I don't think that it was an appropriate response for ABC to get so angry and drop his appearance, or for the media and the nation to react like they did. Everyone just kind of double-blinked when Madonna did it, but when Adam did it, a shitfest brewed.

it's the hypocrisy of that last bit that just reinforces my general cynicism with how gays are perceived and treated versus bullshit like the madonna threeway when it's three women in straight relationships smooching for the cameras. it titillates the straight boys so it's okay...

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home