01 January 2010

formspring.me

Did you have a favourite teacher in school?

Not til highschool... George Mitchell, who taught greenhouse management, and Myron Tupa, who taught graphic art. Those two probably hauled me through highschool without dropping out all on their own, along with the next one I'll tell you of.

There was one English teacher who -ever- got me and who I didn't fight like a mongoose with, and eventually they just let me keep re-taking her class for the required credits. She got married and I don't know her name anymore. -_-

She was the absolute epitome of Fierce Black Woman -- she was always exquisitely groomed and dressed, despite the non-glamorous job of "public high school english teacher"... she took absolutely no shit from ANYBODY, and damned good at her job. Quite literally, in 12 years of English classes, she was the ONLY one who ever figured out how to deal with me. And I had a 720 English on the SAT, won a bunch of (meaningless) writing awards throughout school, etc etc.. it wasn't for my lack of ability.

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home