29 January 2010

formspring.me

Is there a safe or easy way to bathe a cat? (preferably I'd like both!)

1) Clip their claws, just the tips, careful of the quick.

2) Pillowcase you don't care about.

3) Fill the sink with the warm water and shampoo/flea dip

4) Put cat in pillowcase with head exposed, gather the opening around their neck. Tie just tight enough so they can't easily get out of it.

5) Pillowcase with cat into sink. Work the soapy water through the pillowcase into their fur. If it's flea treatment, keep them in the soapy water for the full ten minutes or whatever. Make sure to get some of the soapy water on their head and under their neck.

6) Drain sink. Keep cat in pillowcase.

7) Rinse cat through the pillowcase, preferably with one of those sink sprayer attachments.

8) Have towel ready, let cat out of pillowcase and dry off with towel. Prepare for three hours of hateful stares and paw-shaking.


This is how we had to do it with my 25-lb Maine Coon. My other guys I just put in the sink and wash normally if they need it. I let em stand up from inside the sink against my shoulder, I get soaked but it's easier on them that way.

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home