05 October 2010

It's ok if your impolite, I'm just not sure why it's such a big deal. People commit suicide all the time but you seem to have taken these quite personally.

Can you grasp the concept of feeling a loss much closer when it's members of your particular community killing themselves BECAUSE they're part of that group, BECAUSE they were made to feel like death was their best option specifically because of who they were, when that's who I am too?

Exchange "They killed themselves because of harassment they faced for being [gay]" with [black] [hispanic] [disabled] or anything else you're born into being with no choice in the matter. Does it make more sense now, if you put one of your own groups in those brackets, that you lost that many young people in the space of a week because they are what you are, you might feel it a bit more closely?

If that makes no sense to you, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home