08 December 2010

Both? It would be interesting to hear which you find more significant.

there's neither one more significant than the other; it's learning to see it in the little things that people do and act on, that can speak so much louder than words if only you know to listen. in an age when the word "love" gets applied to things like laundry detergent and fast food, it's been so cheapened that you have to look past it and see it in someone's behavior.

•listening to me whine at 2am over AIM or IRC. •putting up with me being absurdly spontaneous and fronting me the cash to get something inked in a hurry. •knitting me a hat that has room for my dreads in. •making a phone call for me when i'm having too much of a panic day to deal with it myself, when a grown man should fucking well be able to just do it and i can't. •pet-sitting on short notice. •writing something just knowing i'll squee over it •making the effort and travel to come to one of our parties even though it's a distance and work is being a pain in the ass •posting on LJ just for me when everything's fallen apart again...

there's hundreds of ways people say it without ever -saying- it.

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home