29 December 2009

formspring.me

Drumming I guessed from the 'short angry dude' part. Trumpet is a surprise though :)

After going through a number of stringed instruments I didn't get along with, in school about 1983 I got tossed in a roomful of brass instruments with the other kids and told "Try all of them and see what works".
I had a lot of fun with it, was good enough to be the youngest kid in the school "senior band", then auditioned for the All-Town bands and got into those too.. we did a bunch of traveling and performing, state competitions and public performances. I really wish I'd kept up with it, I've picked my trumpet up a few times recently and tried to get back into it but it's going to take work.
Trumpet works for being small and loud... I might be a little guy but I can damned well make you notice me, playing that thing ;)

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home