05 October 2010

I don't think there's anything wrong with being so upset even someone *can't* relate. Some people feel compassion/empathy more strongly than others, and what if everyone brushed things off as 'no big deal' or 'not my problem'? Nothing would ever change :(

There's a certain segment of the population that -does- take things too far, reacting to something like this for the sake of Being Dramatic rather than an actual empathetic response; but these are the people that take anything like this, tragic things happening to other people, and make it about themselves instead. I'm sure you recognize the type I'm talking about.

But in a more reasonable light, what you say is exactly true. If nobody cared, nothing would change. If nobody was ever moved by things happening to people they didn't know... that's a terrifying thought, isn't it?

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home