06 January 2011

Do you drink calorie free/sugarfree drinks or go for the normal option? Why?

Splenda aka sucralose, honey, agave or stevia-sweetened only.

HFCS is poison and so is aspartame aka Nutrasweet. Saccharine just tastes nasty; the supposed "causes cancer" link from the 80s was disproved awhile ago.

To wit: Nutrasweet gives me migraines in small doses and seizures in large ones, and my child develops UTIs whenever she's allowed non-diet soda more than a few times a week. I know Splenda isn't all that great for you either, but I don't react badly to it.

Soda in general is one of the worst things on the planet you can put into yourself; if you're like me and need your caffeine fix anyway, you're better off with the sucralose/acesulfame or even natural cane sugar before HFCS or aspartame.

I don't like sweetener in my coffee in the first place, so that's moot, but I'll use honey, stevia, or raw sugar in tea if I'm in the mood.

Most of what I drink is water with stevia, either the drops or the powder.

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home