27 June 2010

I'm always startled when you make serious references to astrological signs as having some kind of significant meaning towards people's behavior and personalities. Do you really believe all that - well, in my opinion at least - rubbish? Why?

I do it with tongue lightly in cheek -- I don't take it too seriously, but it's fun to use it to describe certain behavior traits and tendencies.

There certainly is a wingnut aspect to astrology and I'm well aware of that contingent. I try to avoid associating with it as much as possible. It can't explain away everything, it has VERY little bearing on how your life will turn out overall, and daily horoscopes are, as you say, complete rubbish.

Howeverrrrrr.

I've seen and experienced enough in nigh-40 years to give a tiny bit of credence to certain aspects of it. When more often than not I can tell someone either their sun sign or rising sign after being around them for half an hour and observing their behavior... there's something to it.
It does give me some small insights into a person's character and I find that useful in how I deal with them. It's one tiny part of the Gestalt of who someone is, that's all.

Perhaps to others, playing with astrology is my "invisible boogums" -- just as I tend to find other people's relation with religion. That's okay with me.

Have at it.

0 ::sing to me::

Post a Comment

<< Home